Friday, August 1, 2008

Hot Bacon Cheddar Dip



This is a recipe I got from my cuz’n carol. Not only is she an extremely talented and artistic photographer, she knows good food. Check it out. This appetizer is great for any occasion and it looks all purdy too.

Here’s what you’ll need:
One loaf of sour dough bread, I’ve used wheat bread when sour dough wasn’t available. Cream cheese, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, Worcestershire sauce, cooked & crumbled bacon (I highly recommend using real bacon bits) and green onion.


Softened 8 ounces cream cheese and put in mixing bowl.


Add 1 ½ cups sour cream and 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese.


Next, add 1 ½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce.


Now add 1 cup cooked bacon bits (this would be about ¾ lbs of bacon if you are so inclined to cook it…God bless you) and ½ cup chopped green onion.


Mix on low to medium speed.


Slice top off of bread. Careful!


Hollow out to make a bowl. Reserve bread for dipping.


Fill bread bowl with mixture.


Wrap in foil.


And bake at 350 degrees for one hour.


Serve warm with crackers and reserved bread.

16 comments:

Badass Geek said...

Sounds good to me. I'll take one.

Anonymous said...

I had no idea when you started the post that you were going to bake this inside bread. I am totally drooling right now. I so want to come to your place for dinner. I bet you are a fantastic cook. Enjoy your weekend!

Heather said...

I am totally going to make that! Cheese and bacon and cream cheese are my 3 favorite foods.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link Cuz. Now ya got me wanting to make that. I haven't had it in a loooooong time. YUM!

Unknown said...

You know, they already call me fatboy. You're not helping!!

Pleasant Living said...

Uh . . . YUM!

Anonymous said...

Oh this looks awesome, my family would love it! Kudos for this.

Anonymous said...

Pass That Over Here!

María said...

Can I use chips? Or is it too thick?

Michael C said...

Oh yummy, yummy. I am going to try to do this one!!

Megan said...

Oh wow, that looks SO GOOD!

Mental P Mama said...

I want it now. And the wine too.

LilSass said...

YOu know what I want to know? If last week was national bacon week because I SWEAR I have read 3,268 posts in the past couple of days about bacon. Maybe we should make it our national meat! (Is there such a thing as a 'national meat'? If not, there should be!! Aaaaaamen!

Michele said...

omg...that sounds so good...you made me hungry!!!

Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Hugz,
Michele

Anonymous said...

Wow you have so many good recipes. This one is used at a local pub for chip dip as well.

Anonymous said...

I had this recipe 4 moves ago, and promised it for a pot-luck. Thank you so mush for posting it, because I have no idea which book I "filed" the original in>