Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Random Tuesday...

I just have two things to share today, one is nice and the other a wee bit naughty. First, I participated in a swap through The Pink Potpourri.

I sent out my goodies last week and my ‘Swap Buddy’ hopefully received hers yesterday. My package was awaiting me when I got home from work. Jennifer had everything wrapped in coordinating paper, how cute. I wanted to open them right away but first had to take a picture. So I hastily spread them out, grabbed my camera and snapped a pic.



I then, very unceremoniously ripped each one open. How fun to get presents when it’s not your birthday or Christmas, and from someone you really don’t know! The idea behind the swap was to send at least three things that you like or are your favorite things. Well, Jennifer sent me things that she likes, but I do too. Who doesn’t like warm fuzzy socks, especially with winter approaching? The candles smell wonderful. The photo album is something I’ll use, along with the frame as I’m learning photography and taking lots of pictures. The travel kit will be perfect for my upcoming trip to Seattle and how did she know I make lists all the time sending me a magnetic notepad?



Second, and only because some of you asked for it, I have a picture of my Kitchen Bitch apron from last Friday’s post. These pictures were taken about a year ago when I was doing the MySpace thing, not to be confused with my FakeSpace.

First, the picture that’s actually on MySpace. Hello, this is dinner sometimes. Martha Stewart take a hike, Marie Callender’s in the kitchen now.



Second, the picture My Better Half took that same night and had on his computer. In the original photo I was wearing underwear. Yes, I was! Whether they were bikinis or granny bloomers is for you to guess. He decided it would be funny to PhotoShop them off of me. When he showed me the altered image he, unwisely, told me it took him awhile to do this as it was such a large area. “What?!?” I asked in horror, to which he quickly back stepped, regrouped and did a little jig. “No, I meant it just takes awhile to do that in PhotoShop.” What. Ever. Anyhoo, here it is:



So there you have it. Pictures of my lovely Swap gifts and pictures of my apron and my Gluteus Maximous.

25 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

You look fantastic! No wonder your better half has it on his computer! Oh, and the presents are great, too!

Anonymous said...

I am so exciting to get my swap package!!! Every day I go home from work hoping its there!

Your gifts look amazing and the wrapping of them was great too. How cool that you got stuff you need and like too!

Weeksie50 said...

Oh, how fun! I love the paper.. and all the gifts looked like so much fun..

I got my prize yesterday! Thank You so much. I can't wait to put my favorite pictures on there and always have them with me.. It was fun having a package in the mail..

Anonymous said...

Nice......
How fun to get presents! And they look awesome too!
Tell Hubby he did a fantastic Photoshop job. Wish my gluteus maximus looked that good!

Whitney said...

Oh dears - too funny!

Heather said...

You crack me up!

Lisa said...

Well now, I think this photoshop thing has some great potential. But I bet he really didn't even do any touch ups, you are just saying that to be modest....

Yes, your gifts look awesome, wasn't that so much fun!

Megan said...

Your gifts are awesome!! I can't wait to get my package!

And...You're so HOT!
Why don't you post more pictures of yourself on here? Good to see one in color!! Even if it includes a photoshopped butt!

Mrs Anne said...

:) Awesome post!

LOVE your apron!... you sassypants!

OMG your swap stuff is awesome!

I sent out a package too, and look forward to getting mine!

:)
Make today great!

Patsy said...

What a wonderful blog to drop in on for a first read. You girl are a hoot! The apron pose is just too funny. Of course, I'm coming over from lceel. If you ever do have coffee with him -- get him a cookie (or something) from me. I don't think our paths will cross anytime soon. :)

Jennifer said...

I am THRILLED that you love everything & even more THRILLED that the items I sent were some of your favorites, as well. Enjoy everything!

Your package just arrived and I'm sitting on my hands to keep from opening it RIGHT NOW! I want to take pictures 1st and I'm at the office, so I'll do it when I get home this evening. I'm excited!!!

Have a GREAT day!

Badass Geek said...

Um.. M-M-Martha who?

CK said...

I'm not suggesting that your GM needs firming or lifting... this is just the only place I know I can get in touch with you! Check it out:
https://www.aveeno.com/free-sample-lifting.jsp

Anonymous said...

Loving every minute of it!

Unknown said...

awesome swap package! i'm so glad that you were a part of it. keep your eyes open for another one coming soon!

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Oh, baby, baby! I'll have some of that Marie Callender’s! :)

enthalpymama said...

That is a great picture. What is this swap thing? I need to get out of my little blogspace more often.

RiverPoet said...

The swap thing sounds like fun! How cool is that?

And nice glutes!

Peace - D

Michele said...

You look great girlfriend! Your swap gifts look awesome...

Love the apron by the way!

Hugz,
Michele

Anonymous said...

Well, you are just gorgeous!

I didn't know you could remove underwear with Photoshop. It's given me an entirely new perspective and lots of ideas for the weekend.....

Crystal said...

HaHaHa...I love the apron! That swap sounds like it was lots of fun. I've just started participating in them and it's so much fun.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh. This is so funny. I just laughed my head off. I want to read your blog all the time! I love funny people! Oh, and I totally LOVE that you got presents for nothing. NICE!

Eva said...

Yowza! How did I miss this post when it was published? I think you and your GM look quite hot! Not in a lesbian way, mind you. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Wait. What? said...

Hot stuff!!! Ooooh lal - seriously I think I need to get photo shop!

meleah rebeccah said...

You are one 'Hot Piece Of Ass'!

Whooo hoooooo